25 Feb 2012

Picture This!


The last big change that I'm gonna tell you about today is my feature-wall of pictures. As an interior-designer I know that a very important thing when putting up pictures on your wall is to not scatter them around randomly as that causes clutter and an unstylish look. So I'm gonna show you what I decided to do when I had some pictures I wanted to portrait:



As you can see - even if all the frames don't line up, and they have different sizes and shapes, they look like a collective unit. The reason for it is that if you look closely, the outer frame is rectangular. Together, they form a geometrical shape. And they work sooo well!! I'm very happy about this feature. 

All of the pictures are made from stuff I've had laying around the house. The Marilyn Monroe-metal sign used to be on my bedroom door. The golden picture in the upper left corner was a christmas present from my sister Siri (who is a great photographer!). The one next to it I got for christmas from my aunt about four (?) years ago, and it's never had a proper place in the house until now. There are a couple of Dreamcatcher-related pictures there, as well as my Take That paintings. And last, the dark one over the clock (that used to be in Gabriels room):



This is a curled up, well used 1$ note from Sudan. It is a cherished "souvenir" from when I visited the worlds poorest country a few years back. My reason for going to Sudan was to be a coach for a bunch of fabulous Sudanese women - as a part of a democracy education by NPA (Norwegian Peoples Aid) and DNA (Norwegian Labour Party). My stay in Sudan taught me a lot about how cool and hard-working the local women are. No matter where in the world you meet your fellow gender, there's a universal bond between you. This photo that I've constructed from a well used (to the point of almost crumbling) note and an old frame reminds me of my stay in Sudan - of how cheerful, hard working, innovative and crazily wonderful these women are - and of how life and love can flourish; 25 years of civil war be damned! 

I learned a lot from these women - and this way, they'll always be with me, making my life better :)






No comments:

Post a Comment