15 Feb 2012

Cushion Makeover

I'm gonna tell you something that may come as a shock to a few of you: I did some sewing today! :D

One of the things about my redecorating project that has proved the most difficult has been to find textiles (sofa cushions, curtains, floor mats, table cloths, blankets etc) that are used and look perfect for the new home. So what I've had to do is resort to some creativity!

Today I've redone a purple cushion that used to have lovely diamond-shaped buttons on it. Obi Wan has eaten the buttons a while ago, so it was either time to throw it in the garbage or replace the buttons on it. Of course, diamond-shaped buttons are not gonna work designwise in the new living-room, and I don't know anywhere in Tromsø that sells used buttons, so what I did was look through my old sewing-kit, where I've occasionally thrown in extra buttons that have come with clothes.



After a bit of consideration, this is what I chose to work with:


And here's the finished result!! :D


No comments:

Post a Comment