25 Feb 2012

Lamps that I Love

Today is a good day for an update about my Project Makeover, right? :) I wanna tell you about some key items that have found their way into my home during the change to a new style.

First up are two fabulous retro lamps!!


I found the lampshades first in the Remix Miljø- og Gjenbruksbutikk (secondhand store) and fell completely in love with them! They are so unlike anything I've ever owned, and they fit brilliantly in the design I have worked out in my head! The bases of the lamps I found at Fretex (another secondhand store). I was originally thinking about having black or brown lampstands, but I spotted these gold ones and thought to myself: Gold... And Orange... That's a COMPLETE mismatch! I HAVE to do it! lol! All in all these lamps cost me a total of 128,- NOK. A bargain!!

The next illuminating find I want to share with you is a proper retro floorlamp from the 60's. I got it from a friend of mine, who had inherited it from her late Godmother. It had just been standing around unused in her storage-room for years, and when she came over to visit yesterday, she immediately announced that it would have been perfect in here, and that I could have it if I wanted it. Woohoooo!!
Here's the lamp:



!!LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE!! 







No comments:

Post a Comment