23 Feb 2012

Talent Of The Year


Last Friday, me and my sister Therese went to the "Tromsø Culture and Commerce Galla 2012" to represent our beloved Dreamcatcher. Personally, I love the opportunity to get dressed up and meet new interesting people, and for a long while, I'd been looking forward to a fun night of networking and chilling out. Adding to my excitement, two of my favourite local up-and-coming artists Peter Estdahl and Oh! were performing, something they did brilliantly!!

Peter Estdahl (foto: PR)
Oh! (foto: Marius Fiskum)

At the Galla, a few awards were to be... well.. awarded, and although we probably should have given more thought to the fact that Dreamcatcher was nominated for one, we were absolutely unprepared when Arne-Wilhem Theodorsen of INTRO started reading out the background/justification for the winner of "Talent of the Year 2011" and we realized it was us!!! In shock and absolutely jumping out of our seats, this picture from the award-ceremony really describes how we felt about being honoured with this title: Floating on clouds!


I know I should probably have written a blog about it sooner, but quite frankly, it's not until now (5 days later) that I'm able to gather my thoughts enough to put it down in blog-form. With the award comes a lot of publicity and opportunities for projects, as well as a check for 50.000,- NOK to spend on a specific project: Going to SXSW 2012 in Austin, Texas and work our Dreamcatcher magic to expand our business-opportunities and the opportunities for talented Dreamcatcher-artists. We're absolutely blown away by the faith Tromsø has in us, and are gonna utilize the resources in the best way possible. Already now, the planning is in full motion, and I can tell you this is going to be absolutely aaaawesome!!! 

We will keep you all updated through the Dreamcatcher fb-page and by revitalizing the Dreamcatcher blog. Make sure you like our page and follow our blog for the latest updates and news about the trip itself, talents you should look out for and loads more. 

The award, diploma, cheque and flowers <3

No comments:

Post a Comment