28 Oct 2011

Idyllic October Night

Huh.. I think my lack of blogging the past few days might be an indication of me being busy... Who would have thought? ;)

I had an absolutely wonderful night at Tuesdays Dreamcatcher-gig. We ended up having to move the whole thing to the big stage - where it looks like we'll be staying for the coming Dreamcatchers. If you were there, please let me know if you had a good time and what you thought of the gig and the decor. I love fairylights and would light up my whole house with them if I could justify it to myself, and I personally think they really work in creating the magical Dreamcatcher-atmosphere. Combine that with an overdose of candles and amazing music - and it's my dream come true!

This Tuesday we had an all Norwegian lineup. Victor Brynning started the night off with his country/blues/rock'y music - and it was great to see him with a full band. I've only seen him play once before and that time he was completely solo and smashed it, so it was a treat to have him open the night for us.

After that, local band TSQ brought the jazzy, mystical vibe to the stage, with unusual exciting use of melody phrasing and vocal expression. I really enjoyed it, and a girl I talked to described it as "soothing relaxation-music". So if you're looking for a relaxing break from life, do check out TSQ at http://www.facebook.com/pages/TSQ/162899273777885?sk=app_19507961798

Ending the night, we had the sensational Oh!, who's newly released EP has stormed right into the ITunes charts and the official norwegian album-chart VG-Lista. I've blogged about Oh! earlier - after having fallen in love with them at their EP launch a couple of weeks ago, and I can't help but mentioning them in excitement again! Promise me you'll check out their website http://www.ohband.me . If they stay in the air after this flying start, I believe they could very well become one of the alltime big bands that has come out of Norway.

But enough about my love for Dreamcatcher (for now). I'll leave you all with a photo I took the other night. Sunset on my street <3


Enjoy your Friday night

No comments:

Post a Comment