11 Oct 2011

Do It Again

Oh!
Photo by: Marius Fiskum
A few days ago I attended an EP-launch here in Tromsø. The band is a fairly recent construction of fabulously talented guys from around here, and they're called Oh!. The launchnight was actually a split-launch with the sensational artist Heidi Solheim (which I promise you I will get back to in future blogs!!!), but if I were to write about both of them right now the blog would be eeeeendlessly long... hehe

Here's to the phenomenon of Oh!. For they have quickly become a phenomenon. Having only played a couple of gigs together before, the venue at the launch was packed with fans of all sizes, ages and shapes - everyone enjoying themselves and grooving along to the soulful, suggestive beats of the music. The combination of their stage presence, instrument-skills and songwriting talent convinces me that this is a band we should REALLY look out for!

And I'm clearly not the only one who feels that way. Oh!'s debut EP "Lesson One: EP" went straight to nr. 1 on the ITunes chart for R&B/Soul albums this week, and is also currently nr 7 in the top album chart - positioning themselves in front of recent releases from artists like Sivert Høyem, Bernhoft, Björk and Peter Gabriel.


Needless to say I'm really happy for these talented guys! And I'm lovin' the music! The vibe of it sends my mind wandering to both Bernhoft and Marvin Gaye. Baby-making music indeed ;D I can't wait to hear more of Oh!. Can't wait for them to create more songs, expand their repertoir and show off the variety I know they can deliver.

And most of all: I seriously CAN'T WAIT for them to play our Dreamcatcher-night on Oct 25th!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment