13 Mar 2012

Lego City

It's been a loooong day. Got out of bed 26 hours ago and had to dig the car out of the snow to get to the airport in Tromsø. Everything since has been lovely, and now I'm sitting here - halfway across the planet - and am about to embark on an amazing musical adventure.

I'm gonna keep my blog brief this time. Mainly because I'm insanely tired! :p But I have a couple of things I want to share with you :)

I WENT TO NEW YORK TODAY!!!! We had a 6 hour stopover in Newark before our connecting flight to Austin, and since passport and customs were running smoothly today, we decided to take a little detour into Manhattan. My first ever visit to New York - and I can tell you it made an impression.

The thing that struck me about the architecture at Manhattan is that it looks like the buildings were made of lego-blocks that didn't quite fit together, so they are angled and terraced and have all sorts of weird shapes to them. I absolutely love it! It is so beautiful! I could just walk up and down the streets looking at buildings and weird features all day and be very happy. I must say I've fallen in love with the city. On the plane from Newark to Austin I ended up having all the impressions of today churning in my head and I wrote a new song. It's been a while since the last song I wrote, but I'll try to arrange so that you guys can hear it at some point. That point is not going to be today though, but instead - I'll leave you with a few snapshots to look at whilst I crawl into bed and fall asleep ;) <3











No comments:

Post a Comment