17 Mar 2012

A Glorious Night (Part 1)

I'm gonna tell you all a story about a Friday night. One that was gonna turn out to be a glorious one!! But before I get so eager to tell you everything that I go ruining the excitement of the storyline by telling you that that the story has a happy ending and that I fell asleep with a huge smile all over my face, I'm gonna be organized and start the story where it is supposed to be started. Earlier in the day, before it turned into a glorious night.

...Ehm; Now that I think about it, a good story should have some villains, unexpected plot-twists and a high speed car-chase - none of which occurs in my Friday night... Hmmm... Maybe I should add a fire breathing dragon to the story? Nah - I like my story just the way it is. Because it all actually happened. To me. Last night.

It all started with an email from the SXSW-people. "Congratulations! You've won a ticket to see Bruce Springsteen tonight at the Moody Theatre in Austin, Tx" (The email said a lot of other stuff too, but in the interest of keeping things relevant, I'll edit those boring parts out). With a huge grin on my lips and literally two minutes to spare before the ticket office closed, I managed to get my hands on the golden (aka green) entry-pass to this very, very special event: Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band (yepp, the whole lot of them) + very special guests Tom Morello (from Rage Against The Machine), Jimmy Cliff, Garland Jeffreys and Eric Burdon!!

All this amaaazing talent in an exclusive, intimate show of only 2500 capacity!!! (pause for effect).

My "golden" ticket and wristband

Needless to say - the gig was EPIC!!! I must commend whoever was in charge of sound that night, because it is the best sound I've ever heard! All instruments and vocals worked together in harmony, and still you could pick out each and every instrument if you just listened for it. And to top it all off: There was plenty of volume, but the decibel levels didn't skyrocket - which meant my hearing was intact after the show :D It is the first time in my life that I've heard such perfect sound! It truly was an eargasm!! <3

I'm not gonna comment on each and every song as I was too busy jumping, dancing and singing along to actually pay attention to the setlist, but I can confirm that The Boss still is in charge, and that he's still mighty fit for his age, running around on stage, climbing up on the grand piano, and even stage diving on several occations!

Everyone I talked to was in full and total agreement that this had been a VERY (emphasis, underline, exclamationpoint) special concert, and that it would go down as one of those rare ones that get's talked about for years to come. As I walked out of the theatre, speechless (and ask any journalist in Tromsø - that doesn't happen a lot... ;) ) all I could think was: I have just been a part of something huge....!

Here are some photos of the finest quality (that my iphone 3gs can provide). ENJOOOOY!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment