25 Sept 2011

The official Murphy's Day!

Today has been a much lazier Sunday than I had planned. What I was supposed to do was to pick up my friends Vin, Adam and Mark at the airport at 13.30 and spend the day showing them around Tromsø. Vin and Adam are going to play at Dreamcatcher on Tuesday, so that's why I'm fortunate enough to have them come visit :) Hmmm... Haven't I told you all about Dreamcatcher? Oh Dear!! I will soon, I promise - but in the meantime, you can visit the website www.dreamcatchermusic.com and get an idea of what it is about. 

Then - Murphy's Law struck BIG TIME! At Heathrow - terminal 3, the guys were informed that the pilot was sick, and that they had to fly in another pilot to take his place. Now I don't know where he was flown in from, but it took foreeeeever, and when he finally got there, they had to start readying the plane for departure. Then, the tow truck got stuck to the plane... Long, tragic story short - the plane that was supposed to land in Oslo at 10:25, touched down at 17:08!!!! 

Now, Murphy being Murphy wouldn't let it end with that... Of course all the flights from Oslo to Tromsø were fully booked for the rest of the day, so they got rebooked to a flight leaving at 08:00 tomorrow morning! :'( Naturally, I was on the phone to the airline for god knows how long today trying to see if there were any available seats on flights to neighboring cities, but all flights to Tromsø, Bardufoss, Harstad/Narvik, Bodø, Storslett and Alta were fully booked. (Since when is Northern Norway so immensely popular on a Sunday night?)

That means that the guys are stuck in Oslo for the night, but I recon that with wine, comfy beds and each other as company they'll have a fab night!

I look forward to picking them up at Tromsø Airport tomorrow morning - 21 hours after they were supposed to arrive.

Can anyone spell "official complaint and refund claim"? ;)

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment