26 Jun 2012

My Arctic New York

I know, I know... I'm terrible at keeping up my blog-frequency!! I could promise you I'll improve, but then I may or may not keep my promise....

A lot has been going on in my life lately... A LOT! Basically, I'm trying to shape my life up one area at the time. And in some areas it seems I'm on to a good recipe ;) Currently I'm sitting in a Sportsbar at Gardermoen Airport on my way to London again. I'm waiting for my Baby Back Ribs to be served, a yummy meal that I haven't had since Therese and I were in New York in March! My mouth is watering just at the thought of the food!!

As I'm not currently working a proper job (an area that's not yet fully shaped up), you'd think I had time to get everything packed and sorted (and the apartment tidied) before I had to dash this morning, but for various reasons I ended up without a minute of sleep last night. And now I'm sat at the airport enjoying a five hour stopover before my connecting flight to Gatwick and my beloved second home town, London. Thank God I have you people to keep my company and keep me from falling asleep!! ;)

But! To the topic I was planning on writing about today: I have recently (and for the first time in my life) watched the entire series of Sex And The City (Thank you June for lending it to me), and I can't believe I haven't watched it earlier! I was surprised at all the useful life lessons I could take from the series and how well I felt it relates to me and my own life. I kinda feel like I've saved a small fortune on psychology-bills by diving into the world of New York for the single and fabulous. It's strange where life lessons can come from. Usually they come from the most unexpected places/people.

And then: As I'm sitting here at the airport, eating my fancy meal (yes, my baby back ribs have arrived, and they are FAB!!) chatting about hot guys with my girlfriends (ok, just on fb, but still!) - it occurs to me: My life is has become a lot like the Sex And The City-series. I'm living the good single-life - chatting waaay to intimately with my girls, and going out with them every now and then - for drinks and whatever trouble we can get ourselves into ;) It is a better life than I ever imagined for myself - and a very different one to what I thought I'd live only half a decade ago. So for me, Tromsø is my New York. And being a single girl in it, is quite fabulous! (Just saying ;) )

xx

My (actual) New York - moment ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment